Jan 19, 2014

Brand New Team for 2014!

Things just keep going up!  Here's some big news:
I'm proud to announce that I have signed with the TWENTY16 Professional American cycling team.  The program is managed by Nicola Cranmer (she's great to follow on Twitter) and Kristin Armstrong.


"Our team consists of 14 professional athletes ages 19-35 including, numerous national champions and 2 Olympic Medalists; Kristin Armstrong 2008 & 2012 Gold Medalist who will continue as our High Performance Director and 2000 Olympic Silver Medalist and 2000 World Champion Mari Holden as Sports Director. The team was the only U.S women's road team to earn medals in London Olympics. The team is now TWENTY16 with an eye on Rio." 

We will be riding FELT bicycles with SRAM components (I can't wait to ride the new 11 speed set up!), K-EDGE, and ZIPP wheels.  I'm so happy to be back on SPEEDPLAY pedals for 2014 as well.  We'll be wearing OAKLEY eyewear, CATLIKE helmets, PACTIMO cycling kits, and we'll be fueled by none other than CLIF.
Lex Albrecht (Photo Copyright: Justin Knotzke)
Being a part of TWENTY16 is an especially great opportunity for me since I'll be able to enjoy the latitude they give athletes to compete in road and track, and on National Team projects.  I will continue to be based in Montréal, Québec, and train with PowerWatts.  Our first race will be in mid-February. 

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and check back regularly here for the latest and greatest! 
 Follow TWENTY16 on Twitter
Follow TWENTY16 on Facebook


TWENTY16's 2014 roster:

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Lex, I would expect you'll get some opportunities for Glory , and you'll learn a lot from Mari & Kristin...maybe a European trip too with this team...Nice

    ReplyDelete